Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Peter Russell--Watch this Video!!

I admit that this guy may first appear to be of the "woo-woo" category, and yet I constantly find myself, since I first watched this video last January, coming back to his ideas. I'm embedding the short version (10 minutes) to wet your tongues, and then the full one, if you have the time. Basically, he starts with trying to solve the "hard problem" of consciousness, or how it comes to happen that 'unconscious' matter like the atoms we are made up of eventually comes to have consciousness. Through this explanation, he explains how light, and it's manipulation of time and space, could be the key to understanding our own consciousness.

Short Version


Long Version


Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. That's fairly mind blowing! And also squarely in the woo-woo category. I can easily imagine overhearing this on the playa at 4am :) I need to watch the full length version after work... I'm mostly curious about what happens in the "exchange of action". It seems like the complexity of a neat explanation is hidden in there?

    ReplyDelete